One Voice United Medal of Honor
Honor and Recognition
May 14, 2021
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 One Voice United Medal of Honor ceremony in Washington, D.C. has been cancelled. In its place, a virtual vigil and remembrance ceremony will be held on May 14, 2021.
Friday, May 14th
- Virtual vigil details to be released soon.
- The One Voice United Gold Medal of Honor has been awarded posthumously to every corrections officer that has died in the line of duty due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All fallen supervisors and other essential staff will also be recognized for their ultimate sacrifice with the One Voice United Supervisor Medal of Honor and One Voice United Staff Recognition Award, respectively. A list of the fallen is available here.
- The One Voice United Silver Medal of Honor has been awarded to Sergeant Kelvin Glover of the Kirkland Correctional Facility in South Carolina.
- The One Voice United Bronze Medal of Honor has been awarded to Sergeant Dean Stump of the Columbus Correctional Institution in North Carolina.
- Congratulations to Sergeants Glover and Stump. They will receive their awards and be honored at the presentation of the 2021 awards in May of 2022.
There is no fee to participate, donations and sponsorships are welcome.